You wouldn’t leave your finances or legal needs to someone who isn’t qualified, so knowing what to look for in a real estate agent is a crucial first step in the homebuying or selling process. Working with an agent can help alleviate stress for all parties involved. A licensed Realtor knows the market, key players, what to look for, which questions to ask, and much more.
- Honest – While all Realtors are bound by the Code of Ethics set forth by the National Association of Realtors, not all agents are created equal. When interviewing agents, be sure to ask for references, or past clients you would be able to speak to. If you feel uncomfortable asking, go online and see if they or their broker’s office has any reviews on Google, Yelp, or Realtor.com. These are invaluable sources of information and can help you understand the agent better.
- Empathetic – Agents understand that every client is different and their reasons for buying or selling are varied. An outstanding realtor knows how to approach each client with a tailored plan that addresses the client’s needs.
- Curious – An inquisitive agent will always be asking questions. This should start during your initial client-agent meeting to better understand what you need. Once you’ve signed with an agent, this shouldn’t stop. An amazing agent will continue to ask for feedback and ensure they have your back throughout the entire process.
- Tenacious – A determined agent knows what their buyers or sellers want and will go to great lengths to ensure they get it. Real estate agents are constantly working with lenders, other agents, brokers, inspectors, appraisers, and countless others to help clients have the best possible experience.
- Educative – Even for clients that have bought or sold dozens of homes, something can be learned from each experience. Realtors that stand out from the crowd are subject matter experts in their field and love sharing their knowledge and tips to their clients.
At Red Door Agency, we take pride in embodying each of these characteristics every day. Our mission to redefine the real estate experience demands a high level of commitment from each of our agents. This is why we hand pick only the best in the region to represent our clients.